THE NEW JERSEY STATE BOARD OF MORTUARY SCIENCE
OPEN SESSION MEETING AGENDA
1) OPEN STATEMENT
2) ROLL CALL
Louis J. Stellato Jr, Ph.D, President
3) APPROVAL OF MINUTES
4) EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A) Total number of complaints received in February 8 : Total for 2008: 18
5) INTERN REGISTRATIONS
A) Marc Mastapeter, Mastapeter Funeral Home
6) NEW LICENSEES
A) Danielle Denan Licensed by Application
7) NEW INSTALLATIONS
A) Cotton-Parker Funeral Home, Inc., Jersey City
8) CONTINUING EDUCATION
A) National Funeral Directors Association: Kathleen Walczak
1) CPC Correspondence (self study-on going) 15 hrs
B) Stericycle: Michelle Malone
1) Funeral Industry: OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogens Training-3 3hrs
4) Confined Space Awareness Training 1hr
5) Respiratory Protection Awareness 1hr
6) Tuberculosis Regulatory Awareness 1hr
7) Formaldehyde Awareness Training 1hr
C) International Order of the Golden Rule: Jenny Gabbert
1) Successful Hiring Practices: Selecting the Right Person
For your Funeral Home -1/17/08 1hr
D) Funeral Director’s Assoc. of Essex, Union & West Hudson: Edith Churchman
1) Ethics in Today’s E-world -1/22/08 1hr
E) Jewish Funeral Directors of America: Florence Pressman
1) The Re-Arrangement Conference: Undoing the Damage
That Pre Need Has Done - 4/8/08 3hrs
F) NJ Sharing Network: George Forleo
1) The Authorization Protocols and Their Legal and Ethical Implications with Organ and Tissue Donation 3hrs
G) Burlington County Funeral Directors Association: Brian Barnett
1) New Jersey’s Honor Guard Program- 3/18/08 1hr
H) Bergen Funeral Service Inc.: Scott Nimmo
1) OSHA and Safety Training 2hrs
I) Preferred Funeral Directors International Trade Association: Sandra Paiva
1) PFDI Spring 2008 Convention- 4/19-22/08 8hrs
A) Erica Marks, request the Board approval for an extension of her internship. Note: Monthly reports are blank from May 2005 to December 2006.
B) News article titled " Ex-N.J. mortician charged in $24M trust-fund fraud". FYI.
C) News article titled "Cemetery owner facing charges". FYI.
D) News article titled "Osceola Cemetery owner charged with stealing millions from grave site and maintenance fund". FYI.
10) OPEN DISCIPLINARY MATTERS
A) 06-124 Direct Cremation, Paterson, Mgr., James Minchin Jr., paid $1,750.00 for violation of N.J.A.C.13:36-5.9 (b), N.J.A.C.13:36-1.9 and 11.2(d)(2) on February 11, 2008. FYI
B) 06-124 Minchin Funeral Home, Paterson, Mgr., James Minchin Jr., paid $1,500.00 for violation of N.J.A.C.13:36-5.9 (b) on February 11, 2008. FYI.
C) 07-117 Sudak-Danaher Funeral Home, Cape May, Mgr., David Danaher, paid $1,750.00 for violation of N.J.A.C.13:36-11.16(c), N.J.A.C.13:36-1.11 and 11.2(d)(2) on February 11, 2008. FYI.
D) 07-128 Par-Troy Funeral Home, Parsippany, Mgr., Ronald Di Maggio, submitted a letter for the Board’s consideration and paid $250.00 for violation N.J.A.C.13:36-1.9 (a) on February 13, 2008. FYI.
E) 08-04 Davis & Wagner Funeral & Cremation Services Woodbury, Mgr., Mark Growney, paid $1,300.00 for violation of N.J.A.C.13:36-4.4 on February 11, 2008. FYI.
11) ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
12) EXECUTIVE SESSION - Discuss consumer complaints and/or conduct investigative inquiries. The results of these deliberations will be made known when and if the Board determines to initiate disciplinary or other law enforcement action. If the Board determines to issue uniform penalty letters, that action will be taken in public session immediately after the executive session.